Position Summary: The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer is to develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Designs fixtures, creates support documents and programs for manufacture.
- Manages R&D projects
- Programs CNC machines
- Works with QC department on creation of quality control docs
- Directs shop floor process of new parts; oversee creation and maintenance of Process control documents.
- Creates documentation for standard operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain AS9100 standards and requirements
Education: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Min. 7 years in a CNC manufacturing environment Aerospace and Medical
- Experience in AS9100 environment preferred
Possess skills required if needed to set up and run first part programs
- Proficient in CAD and CAM software;
- Preferred Platforms are Solid works for CAD, and Mastercam or NCL for CAM
- 5 axis Machining and programming experience.
- Experience in and not limited to Inconel, titanium, hardened steels, Aerospace cast and forged components.
- Understanding of mechanical systems, tolerances, and drawing interpretation
- R&D experience preferred
- Moderate oral and written communication skills; ability to read work instructions and documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Math skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems required
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures, including all company policies and procedures
- Ability to work occasional overtime